Re: No sound on LG-S1 QB01A9

Oh, sorry, for the record I have a Realtek ALC883.

Regards,

Daren

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Daren Krive <daren.krive@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can anyone suggest how I could find more information about this problem?  I have now upgraded to Ubuntu 9.04 and still have the same problem.  I also tried openSuSE 11.1 and had the same issue.

Clearly the soundcard works because I can get sound through the headphones.  It seems like under Linux I can't turn on the computer's speakers.

however, it still does the weird "occasionally play sound for a few minutes" after rebooting and then fade to static.  Sometimes it just plays static and then disappears.

I cannot tell you how much I would LOVE to get sound working under Ubuntu.

Darren

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daren Krive <daren.krive@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 2:17 AM
Subject: No sound on LG-S1 QB01A9
To: alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone,

Sorry in advance if this type of question does not belong on this list.  I am new to this.

I have never been able to get sound working properly on my laptop under any Linux distro. I have the LG S1 (model QB01A9).  The sound works fine on the headphone jack but not on the internal speakers. I have read tonnes of suggestions with similar problems but none of the suggestions has worked for me.  I have an hda-intel sound card.

After much digging I think I am finally on to something. I found on the alsa-project.org site that support for the LG S1 laptop was added between versions 1.0.11 and 1.0.12. You can see the change log here:

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Changes_v1.0.11_v1.0.12

Ubuntu 8.10 has Alsa 1.0.17 so presumably this problem has been resolved. The change log (only says "Add support for LG S1 laptop" and then later "Added the model entry for LG S1 laptop". This fills me with hope but no where (that I can see) does it say what that model entry is. I know that this has to go into my alsa-base file but what is the model entry to use?

Perhaps I am not reading the change log correctly? Can someone help me out here? Perhaps I can email one of the developers?

So close and yet so far....

Best regards,
Daren Krive