Re: ALSA

OK, the usb sound drivers are loaded. You now need to make sure that the usb
sound it turned on.
I suspect that your mp3 player is sending the sound out the onboard sound
card. You need to tell it to use the usb device.

Unplg the usb device, wait 10 sec and then plug it back in. Look at
dmesg|tail
( yes any commands I give you are to be typed into a terminal like konsole
)

and see if it says anything about your sound card.

Also do
lsusb
and see what it says about your sound card.

As I said, you have to tell the system to use your usb sound card rathr than
the default on board one.