92HD71B7X chipset

hello everyone, i have two questions. does anyone know when  the next
version of alsa will be released and also does anyone know if the
92HD71B7X chipset used in the new hp notebooks will be supported? i have
this chipset in my laptop and audio and video playback is about the only
thing that works for me. the mic input works for the fedora sound
recorder but not audacity, jack, ardour, cinelerra etc. also, the
onboard mic doesn't work at all and the headphone jacks do not work
unless i boot the machine with them plugged in.

thanks
jeremy boyd
fedora 10 64 bit
hp pavillion dv7