Problem with SoundBlaster Live

 I have been using this system for months, no problem (and many distros
before), but a few days ago sound stopped working, probably after an update.
 I have an SB Live, I'm running Debian testing AMD64 kernel  2.6.26-1-amd64 #1
SMP.
 lspci shows the card:

01:07.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 0a)

 cat /proc/asound/modules gives no output
 modprobe snd-emu10k1 gives no output

 I tried:

aptitude --purge reinstall linux-sound-base alsa-base alsa-utils
linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64 libasound2

 which didn't change anything.

 alsamixer says:
alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or directory

 cat /proc/asound/cards says: