Re: USB audio adapters

I don't load any drivers for the Chinese knockoff for use under X64. I
can list the drivers used by the card if you wish. It shows up as
generic USB Audio.

I have a HP8903 if real test specs are needed, at least at the 16 bit
level. [I trust test instruments, not programs.] I can view the residual
on a DSA as well if needed.

The knockoff uses a CM106-F+/L+. [The L+ I believe, but I would have to
open the box.] Specs for the DAC are listed as typical.

http://www.ic-on-line.cn/IOL/viewpdf/CM106-L_1102282.htm

The chip specs are pretty poor, but you can do much worse in real life.

Of course, none of this gets the card going on my Suse linux box. I'm
going to investigate live CDs of other distributions to see if the
problem is peculiar to Suse. I posted a list of the modules Suse uses to
the list.

The Chinese knockoff and the Griffin iMIc show up under Alsamixer just
fine, but don't work in any programs.

Bill Unruh wrote:

<snip>