Re: How to reorder channels?

Le Tue, 10 Feb 2009 23:28:17 +0200,Roman Odaisky <roma@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> Hi,> > > If you are able to play 2 or more languages with mplayer or another player,> > I would use JACK and not ALSA for the routing, Routing with JACK is really> > easy, you can use qjackctl and the mouse.> > Could you please explain a bit further? I ran qjackctl and I could only > connect capture1 or capture2 with playback1,2,...,playback8. How would one > create a device, say, “headphones” which would output data to two channels (I > assume playback1 and playback2?) and to which mplayer and other programs > could be directed? (Since the front channel of the speakers is now in the > jack of the side channel, the default setting must be to duplicate sound to > both.)
You must run mplayer with "-ao jack" and it will appear in the ouptputports in qjackctl like "MPlayer [number]". Each playback_n in the inputports panel correspond to one output channel of you sound card and you can usethe mouse to connect them with the mplayer ports. You can even made multipleconnection.
If you want to control the volume of each cannel, you can use a mixer likeglmix or jamin (maybe an overkill this one but outstanding program). They willappear in both input and output panels. To connect them, you have to chain:mplayer -> glmix -> playback_ports. > > Also, sometimes qjackctl freezes really hard so it can’t be killed and a > restart is needed, whose bug is it?> > By the way, I see something called channel_map in PulseAudio, could it help?>
In order to debug this, I would stop every sound related program inclusivepulseaudio, start jack, start mplayer. (htop can also be helpful in order tofind and kill the hanging process.) A good thing can also be to temporary moveor rename your ~/.asoundrc and to restart alsa: "/etc/init.d/alsasound restart".
If it work so and you still want to use pulseaudio, you have to configurepulseaudio with some sink and source for jack before launching it.
You can take a look here:http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.php?title=PulseAudioBe aware that this guide was made for use with a rt (realtime) kernel, so Idon't know if "realtime-scheduling = yes" will work or is needed with a non rtkernel. It can also be a little bit outdated.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------Create and Deploy Rich Internet Apps outside the browser with Adobe(R)AIR(TM)software. With Adobe AIR, Ajax developers can use existing skills and code tobuild responsive, highly engaging applications that combine the power of localresources and data with the reach of the web. Download the Adobe AIR SDK andAjax docs to start building applications today-http://p.sf.net/sfu/adobe-com_______________________________________________Alsa-user mailing listAlsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/alsa-user