Re: Lexicon lambda problems

On 2009-01-30T20:32:55, kid masta wrote:
> I'm a Lexicon lambda user, and this soundcard is not supported by
> ALSA, and I can't create music with LMMS, reaper, and other programs
> in MUSIX. What can I do? Are there any solution for this problem? I'm
> waiting for your response. Thanx.

If the device does not work with Linux your options are as follows:

1. Return the device and get a Lexicon Omega or another supported
   device.
2. Put the Lambda on a shelf and buy an additional audio interface that
   is supported.
3. Convince someone that already knows how to write an ALSA driver to
   write or tweak an existing driver to get the Lambda supported.
4. Write a driver or tweak one yourself.
5. Switch to an OS with driver support.

Btw, I received mixed messages when I searched the web for you using
the query:

lexicon lambda linux

as to whatever the device works under Linux or not.  I trust you tracked
those down and confirmed that it will indeed not work.

/Allan
--
Allan Wind
Life Integrity, LLC