Problem with USB Blue Snowball Mic.

I have a USB Microphone by Blue model is the snowball.  Anyway there seems
to be a sampling rate issue or something like that.  I have searched for a
while haven't really found any solutions and I thought I could use the
.asoundrc file to change the sample rate or have it convert the sample rate
to fix this issue.  But I haven't had much luck with that.  It might be
cause I'm relativly new to it.  Here is what I have noticed though.  Using
Audacity I record using the USB Mic.  no matter what settings I use meaning
sample rate, bits, etc.  It is always recording in double time "somehow".
Meaning when I watch it record for every real 1 second in time 2 seconds of
audio is recorded.  If I use a sample rate of 22050 while recording then
during playback change the sample rate to 44100 the audio will sound
normal.   This is what gave me the Idea of using the asoundrc.  But I've
played with it with verious options and I am always still getting the same
result.  I have see this post
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1001144  where they are using Jack
Audio where tye have the smaple rate set with asoundrc to a rate then
setting the route when Jackd is run to a lower rate.  I believe Effectivly
doing what I was doing in audacity.  I'm wondering if this can actually be
done with the asoundrc config, or if there is some other fix that might be
applied to the USB audio driver.  Any advice is greatly apprciated.  Below
is the current state of my asoundrc.

Thank you for your time.

-Zoop

pcm.dmixin {