End user documentation

Hi,

I received a target, running Linux and owning an audio system. I'm now
testing the audio capabilities of the target, making use of the already
existing ALSA tools or applications only.
I'm currently focussing on the mixer (playing sound and music was the easy
stuff to test, thanks to the well-patronized tools set).

Without developping anything (hence mainly with alsa-utils), I would like
to test the mixing capabilities, the input and output selection and the
controls settings. I found a lot of documents about ALSA development, but
a few about the ALSA use (besides the man pages).

Where can I find this kind of documentation ?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.