emagic external MIDI clock issues solved.

 Hi All

A few months back I posted a question about issues with MIDI clock and emagic Unitor and AMT 8 devices.

I finally worked it out, but thought I would post so there is a reference if anyone else comes across this issue.

The resolution is simple.

The port that is receiving the MIDI clock must be connected (via aconnect) to one of the outputs on the device, any one of them. I wasn't doing this, because none of the devices on the rack needed to see any MIDI information other than the MIDI clock itself from this port. This is easy to miss because in standalone (patch) mode the clock is automatically distributed to all ports.

If you are using 2 such devices then you need to connect the MIDI port that is receiving the clock, again to any port on the second unit and all output ports on the second device will send that clock (unless you have filtered it out deliberately)...

Finally if anyone would like a script to show an example of how to setup some default MIDI routing (i.e. emulate your patch mode setup) with these devices, I can send one through. It is based off a script that was one the ardour website for default connecting a BCF 2000 to ardour on startup. This has saved me alot of time so far.

Regards

Allan