Re: arecord with snd_hda_intel

Playing should not interfere with recording.  I do the same thing with
similar chipset.  Make sure you go in to alsamixer, hit tab, and use
spacebar and up and down to turn one of the capture volumes on and up,
and set the capture source using up and down over on the right where
it says line or mic.

Also, let me know if there is a clicking sound once you get it working.

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 5:22 AM, Bernd Butscheidt <bbutscheidt@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my sound card is a Realtek ALC888 onboard Chip.
>
> I want to use arecord to record the sound by another programme, eg. mplayer
> using alsa as output device.
>
> I wonder if this works at all. Should it?
>

> Every time I make something like:
>
> arecord -f cd -D hw:0,0 test.wav
>
> or
>
> arecord -f dat -D copy test.wav
>
> having this as my ~/.asound.rc file:
> pcm.copy {
>   type plug
>   slave {
>     pcm hw
>   }
>   route_policy copy
> }
>
> and playing another file using mplayer, I get nothing but an empty record.

Dave McCloskey
davemccloskey@xxxxxxxxx