Re: Can't split front and rear outputs in .asoundrc

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Andre Bischof <a.bischof@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Mark,

>>> this should be pcm "hw:0,0" for the first card, right?
>>
>> Yes, whereever your card is.  Do a aplay -l to find out where it is.
>
> # aplay -l
> card 0: CK804 [NVidia CK804], device 0: Intel ICH [NVidia CK804]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: CK804 [NVidia CK804], device 2: Intel ICH - IEC958 [NVidia CK804
> - IEC958]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>
> So it should be hw:0,0
>
>>> Does your .asoundrc start with the code above, or do you have s.th.
>>> before like:
>>>
>>> pcm.intel8x0 {
>>>            type hw
>>>            card 0
>>>           device 0

>> I define a device called eightchannels.  it could be sixchannels or
>> intel8x0 like yours.
>
> Do you have anything else configured, i.e. in /etc/asound.conf?
>
> My complete .asoundrc now looks like this, could you have an eye on it
> wether there's something wrong or not?
>
> pcm.intel8x0 {
>         pcm "hw:0,0"            # or "hw:1,0" for the second card
>         channels 6              # changed to 6, was 8
> }
> pcm.stereo1 {
>         type plug
>         slave.pcm {
>                 type dshare
>                 ipc_key 87882222
>                 slave intel8x0
>                 bindings [ 0 1 ]
>         }
> }
> pcm.stereo2 {
>         type plug
>         slave.pcm {
>                 type dshare
>                 ipc_key 87882222
>                 slave intel8x0
>                 bindings [ 2 3 ]
>         }
> }
> pcm.stereo3 {
>         type plug
>         slave.pcm {
>                 type dshare
>                 ipc_key 87882222
>                 slave intel8x0
>                 bindings [ 4 5 ]
>         }
> }
>
> What's that ipc-key thing about, do I have to change something there?
>
> Sorry for asking maybe silly questions - do you know a good intro in
> .asoundrc? I only read that configuration there is very complicated :(
>
> Cheers
> Frisco

All that looks fine.   the ipc key is shared memory.  There could be a
conflict there.      Read this for a quick look at it.
http://darkness.codefu.org/wordpress/2007/12/25/293

You are restarting alsasound when you make changes?   It looks like
everything should be working.

At least that is the way it works for me.

-Mark