Re: Partially seeing digital outputs with sound-2.6.git and NVIDIA HDMI

Rob Rosenfeld <rob+alsa <at> rosenfeld.to> writes:

> I have an ASUS M3N78-VM motherboard with onboard nVidia audio,
> including HDMI audio output.  My goal is to send all audio output over
> the HDMI connector, eventually passing ac3 to a stereo.  I'm trying
> out a recent version of sound-2.6.git for the support of the nVidia
> HDMI codec and have compiled alsa-utils 1.0.18.
>
> I believe I've correctly compiled the kernel with the correct driver
> and codecs (VIA and NVIDIA  selected).  The output from `aplay -l`
> shows the two devices I expected to see
>
> But `aplay -L` doesn't show any iec958/spdif/hdmi device name, which
> from my online searches, I was expecting to see.

I understand if nobody can help with this particular issue, but want to be sure
. . . is this the right place for this question?  If not, could you recommend
where else I might try?

Updated alsa-info.sh output at:  http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?
f=650ac12cbf87be93ecad8e88bb2be14275ed1bfd