realtek ALC662

I have been trying to get an azalia derived onboard HD audio controller
to work under Fedora 10/64-bit using a 2.6.27.9 kernel.

I downloaded alsa-driver 1.0.18 and the modules (for ac97_bus and
hda-intel with realtek-code) built and install fine, but under
/proc/asound I have no cards listed and, in fact, lspci does not show
this card at all.

Considering that last point, I believe I am just plain out of luck and
will have to buy a PCI card, but I am a little surprised because I
believe the realtek/intel azalia is always an onboard controller and
has been made to work with linux.

So before I run to the store, I figured I might as well check with
y'all.