DisplayPort output

Hello,

I have a Dell Latitude E6500 with nvidia graphics and a DisplayPort
output. In windows, I am able to use a simple DisplayPort to HDMI
adapter and connect via HDMI cable to a TV - both video and audio are
sent.

In linux, the video works without any configuration, but the audio is
not being sent. I'm not sure where to start looking. I saw a few notes
in the latest changelogs for alsa listing HDMI sound support for
hda_intel, but no details on how to configure it. Can anybody give me
some pointers on this? Thanks!

 - Jeff