Re: Digital bit perfect ouptut with ALSA

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:16:35 +0000
Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Upsampling does nothing for analog reproduction because you cannot get more
> informations that what you get from the DAC output.

I didn't mean upsampling adds audio info, I meant it makes analog smoothing
easier, and this _may_ ultimately improve sound.

The smaller amount of high frequencies (above audible range) you have,
them smaller chance of getting IMD - OpAmps are not perfect.

Remember, the analog LPF at DAC output is not at all a perfect sinc
interpolator.

If you read about true HiFi, slew rate, etc., the recipe is, first of all,
not to have unnecessary high frequencies in your signal.

Regards,
  Sergei.