audiofile 192, ice1724 and alsamixer

Hi,

I got an audiofile 192. After updating the ALSA to 1.0.18a, I got the right
number of input-ouptut in jackd and the card work fine.

But it is still a few things I don't understand with ALSA and this card.

>From the card documentation, it is not easy to figure out which mixers this
card support into the hardware and which ones are software based.

I cannot test or use the SPDIF because I don't have any such hardware. In
alsamixer, I see several controls, some are working, some are not working.

The playback mixer controls:
PCM : work fine.
Multi Track Peak, 5 of them: not working, nothing append, it is like they are
screwed fast to 0.

Capture mixer control:
Multi Track Peak, 1 item: not working, nothing append, it is like it is screwed
fast to 0.

I don't even know what those "Multi Track Peak" mixers are for and how I can
get them to work (if it is possible).

Switches in Playback tab:
IEC958 [IEC958 In L]: cannot test
IEC958 output [Off]: cannot test
IEC958 I [IEC958 In R]: cannot test
Deemphasis [Off]: I suppose that this is a low pass output filter
H/W [PCM Out]: I suppose that this is the input-output routing for alsa
H/W 1 [PCM Out]: idem
Multi Track Internal Clock [96000]: I put it at the same value that in jackd
Multi Track Rate Looking [On]: What is this?
Multi track Rate Reset [On]: What is this?

Cheers,
Dominique