Re: is ALC262 supported?

acanonaco@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am a newbie, and I am not even sure this is the right place to write... In
> case, excuse me, and please just tell me whom I should ask.
>
> I am trying to
> make the modem work under linux (ubuntu 8.10). Scanmodem indicated that I had
> to install a hsfmodem driver, but doing that the pc (Sony Vaio VGN-NS11M/S)
> crashes at reboot. From Linuxant support I receveid the following suggestion.
>

> You should contact the ALSA developers to see if your HDA bus driver is really
> supported or not by their drivers. You should mention
> that you get:
> ---
>
> hda_codec: Unknown model for ALC262, trying auto-probe
> ---
> in your 'dmesg'.
 From the document below, this appears to mean your codec is
not supported yet, and is trying some other.  It appears it
was unable to get a close enough match.  There are
suggestions there.

> Alternatively, if this is a problem in alsa-driver (on which alsa-driver-
> linuxant is based on), perhaps it will be fixed in a future release that we
> will eventually pick up in alsa-driver-linuxant.
>
> Thanks in advance for any
> help you can give,
> Alberto

It happens that there was a post relevant for you on the
alsa-devel list today.  It describes how to troubleshoot HD
audio (thats what you have).  If you read the document at
one of the links below it might help.

You can get the text from web:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git;a=blob_plain;f=Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio.txt;hb=HEAD

http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/docs/HD-Audio.pdf