Re: Creating a "software speakerphone" in ALSA

On Sunday 07 December 2008, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi!
>    Here's an idea. Does your headset use ALSA as well? I've never worked
> with one, so I don't know.

It does. AFAIK, alsa just sees it as a usb audio device. I have a plug set
up in .asoundrc so that Skype plays nicely with the headset wrt sample
rates.

>    If so, why not use your .asoundrc or asound.conf to create a device,
> that talks to both your speakers and your headset? Of course it will
> always use both resources then, but it's still worth considering.

That would be ok, but my computer is my main hifi source and my main
telephone.

If I'm listening to music with friends and someone rings, I'd like to be
able to answer without stopping the music or putting the person who calls
on the speakers.

--
Jim