AC-3 Passthrough doesn't works

Hi,

I use the following hardware with Fedora 8:

Jetway Board with VIA Eden Processor 1200MHz

VIA 8237 with VIA1617A

CN700 Chipset

that owns a coaxial S/PDIF out. Replaying of stereo PCM data using that output works fine but I have big troubles getting it configured for 5.1 AC-3 data. Within xine I have set up the speaker arrangement "Pass Through" that wotks fine with stereo data. But when I try to replay a DVD with AC-3 data xine only tells me that the audio device is not available.

Nobody at the xine mailing list could help me so I have to ask it here: which audio device could mentioned here that is not available for AC-3 pass through? How could I solve that problem?

Michael

--

Sensationsangebot nur bis 30.11: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a