Another intel-hda issue

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to be posting - I'm having problems with my Intel HDA ICH9 card in my HP DV7 (1026tx?) laptop.

When I try and play any sounds (either through aplay or vlc), about the first 500ms of the file get played and looped over and over again in a stutter effect. If I kill aplay using ^C it stops. But I can't get any  useful sound out.

Funny thing is, I had it working *once*. After a reboot, it stopped and I haven't had it going again since.

alsa-info.sh output is here:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=82627a33cc9438ab9b8289542588caad84fa7e6c

Also, see this thread:

Any ideas on what the problem is, or what can I do to help debug it? From the Googling and reading  I've done, I know Intel HDA is still somewhat problematic so I'm happy to help debug and test to help out :)

Cheers,
~p