install problem

Hi,

I have some serious problem with alsa installation.
I could install alsa with my integrated sound card on Fedora. But I
switched to Debian/Lenny.
2.6.26-1-686; I have linux-headers-2.6.26-1-686, gettext
Module-hda-intel;
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Module-hda-intel

1. after driver compile and install: i did not have /dev/sequencer
/dev/midi; after a while somehow I got them :-) make clean, reconfigure,
  reinstall; unfortunately I ran '.sounddevices' (I think I should not
have done this) At this moment I think that is the main problem. I do
not know how to 'reverse' the effect of .sounddevices.

2. alsa-lib compiled and installed - I think no problem

3. alsa-utils - a lot of "alsamixer.c:2088: error: ‘KEY_BTAB’ undeclared
(first use in this function)" and similar errors. If I try modprobe
snd-card-hda-intel, I get similar error messages.

Then I tried to make uninstall, clean, and recompile all of these
packages. Then I did not get /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer.

Other question: should not I unload, uninstall the default alsa modules,
which came with the os?

Thanks for your help and suggestion!
tamas