choice of a new soundcard

Hi,

I am really tired to fight against old oss-compliant software, and
problems with software mixing got me tired over the past years : I
decided to buy a new card. So, I have several choices : ebay of
course, or get a fresh new card.

But i am not very competent in such devices, and, before making a bad
choice, I prefer to ask you : which device should I choose ? At the
moment I am using a PCI Audigy LS *and* my integrated AC97 chip. I saw
on ebay devices like SB Live! 5.1, or Audigy 2 ZS. Both seem to be
well-supported in ALSA... And I don't know at all other audio
manufacturers. I only need a well-supported chip, with hardware
mixing.

So, please, if you have any advice to help me buy a well supported
device (60 $ max), feel free to answer.

Thanks ;).