capture problem if my card is #1 in sted of #0

Hello,

I have two soundcards, one is a soundblaster live, the second is an
audigy I think, recognized as a CA0106.

Sound is initialized through udev I think.

Most of the time, when I boot my computer, the CA0106 is soundcard 0,
and the emu10k1 a soundcard 1.

In this situation both cards work as I expect them to. I can capture and
play using both cards.

However sometimes at bootup the cards are switched, so the CA0106
becomes card 1.

Now both cards can still play, the emu10k1 can capture, however the
CA0106 can't succesfully capture anymore.

When doing ecasound -i alsahw,1 -o test.wav

the sound on 'CAPTURE feedback' gets metalic and my screen gets filled
with recording overrun messages. When pressing ctrl-c ecasound reports;
WARNING! While reading from ALSA-pcm device C1D0, there were 94
overruns.

Sound on 'CAPTURE feedback' remains metalic until I reboot.

I am using kernel 2.6.25 with alsa-lib 1.0.16.

Any hints on what might cause this problem or hot to avoid it are
welcome.

Kind regards,

Henk.