Re: digital gina3G

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 17:19:33 +0200
Conrad Berhörster <conrad.berhoerster@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i have bought an echo gina3G and now i want to use the digital-in in some
> apps. with the echomixer apps, i can see the incomming signals. Both analog
> in and digital in. This is realy cool.
> But i can't find any way to get it into alsa or more better jack. Am i missing
> something or isn't this feature implemented.

All features of all Echoaudio cards are supported. Digital input is a bit
trickier than analog input. On the Gina3G you have to select the digital
mode (S/PDIF coaxial, S/PDIF optical, ADAT optical) and the clock source
to either S/PDIF or ADAT, otherwise it almost centainly will not work well.
Also, if the input signal changes from low frequency (<50KHz) to high
(>=50KHz) or high to low, you have to switch the clock source to internal
and back to the external in order to make the card sync the new clock
frequency.
The optical input is more reliable than the coaxial input, so I recommend
to use that if possible.

--
Giuliano.