Record output and input channel to one stereo wav file

Title: Record output and input channel to one stereo wav file

Hi.

I am using a M-Aduio Delta 1010, with a setup that I have 8 single input/output channels. That works great with ALSA, and I can record and playback simultaneous on all channels.

What I want to do, and up till now not found a solution for,  is to record one output channel and one input channel simultaneous to a stereo file.

The use case for this is, that I want to measure the delay of a external communication system in an automatic way. So I playback (aplay) a wav sample out off channel 1, send it via my external communication system and record it back via channel 2 (arecord).

This will end up in 2 none correlated files. Want I want to have is a device where I can record a stereo file (arecord D out_in_mix ) that will have channel 1 output (left) and channel 2 input (right) of my Delta 1010 in it

OUT1  ---->---------

        |          |

REC   -<-      ----------

Stereo-<-      |Com Ext.|

        |      ----------

        |          |

        |          |

IN2 ------<---------

I tried with the dmix and copy plugin, but so far no luck.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards

Peter

(Ing.) Peter Billek
SYSE / System Engineer
FREQUENTIS AG

Innovationsstraße 1  1100 Vienna, Austria
Phone   +43-1-811 50 - 3704
(Mobile  +43-664-60 850 - 3704)
Fax       +43-1-811 50 - 77 3704

Web      www.frequentis.com
E-Mail    peter.billek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Handelsgericht Wien (Vienna Commercial Court): FN 72115 b
DVR 0364797, ATU 14715600