ALSA inadequate

I find that ALSA is inadequate for my needs and so I will have to abandon
it.
I need real-time response and the ability to handle multiple computer
generated sounds simultaneously.
I have wasted too much time trying to get programs to react through ALSA, it
apparantly was designed with a mind-set on playing music files.
I do not play music files and have no use for all the media players.  The
programs that I am writing will not be playing a music file.

I know what has to be done and how to do it, but I know from ALSA history
that it is not worth the effort to make such suggestions.
The latest incident was when I submitted some suggested inclusions for an
INSTALL doc, that would help some users avoid the trouble I had, and I got
flamed at for my trouble.
Suggestions are received with anger, direct questions are given the silent
brush-off, there is no attempt to even discuss the subject raised, so I
expect the ususal rude and flaming knee-jerk, 10 seconds of thought,
non-responsive, responses from the usual people.
I know that the ALSA responders will not like hearing that, but what point
would there be in painting over the facts and feelings now.  It was useless
and rude to reply entire long emails, just to bury some snipe comments in
it, while totally ignoring the question and subject raised.   I have read
other alsa-user email treated the same way; and while it is not universal
among all responders, it is persistantly present from some.

I have waited to see how I felt after a while, ..... and how I feel is that
it is not worth the aggravation and frustration to try again.

Wesley Johnson,  Linux user since 1994
Project'Resin -- Wesley Johnson
   Embedded programming, Research and Development, since 1986

P.S.  ALSA is having alot of problems due to mislabeled mixer controls, and
not a word that would show that any developer even recognizes the problem.

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---