Re: ALSA vs M-Audio fast track ULTRA

Unfortunately MAudio has been not very helpful. I recall when I was trying
to get my Maudio-Transit to work ( a cheap but very nice usb audio "card")
I asked them to confirm that a certain file in their windows distro was the
firmware for the card ( the card initialises itself by downloading some
firmware onto the card) They wronte back and sais that this was proprietary
information-- infomation which it turned out was trivial to obtain from the
Windows. I am surprised that they did not tell me that the name of the card
was proprietary.