BugTracker

1. I asked that someone make it clear whether the BugTracker is for general
users, or reserved for developers.
Responders seem to get lost on tangents and the question is still
unanswered.

2. Other Linux projects have different organizations, so your organization
is not that obvious.  The SDL project for instance says to put bug reports
in
Bugzilla because they get lost when mentioned in the mailing lists.
I do not care that you have a different organization, but you could have the
courtesy to let people encountering
your home page for the first time know what it is.

3.  I have worked on many projects.  All projects have a dividing line
between outsiders and those on the team.
You would not have a viable project if just anyone was allowed to come in
and do anything they felt like.
I do not like fragments, so should I go in and just remove all fragments
from all the code !  I could make sure to
get all the archives too.  What do you think would happen if I did !
If you come back and tell me about passwords and other restrictions, then
that is a dividing line, isn't it.
So why is it so hard to tell users encountering your home page for the first
time what the rules are !!!!!

4. I have no reason to suspect incoming spam filters or any email problem,
when from the home page text it is obvious that I am probably being filtered
out by that spam filter that "silently-ignores" some servers, or just as
likely it is a developers only facility.  That is why I say the page should
say clearly
whether it is for all users, or developers only, and probably some web page
feedback of any action, rejection, or problem.
If the email hits a spam filter, then the web page give some feedback using
the web page iself !!!!

4. You expect me to disable a spam system for the benefit of one of your
emailers.   Yet the ALSA home page
says that because of spammers it will "silently ignore" email from
"open-relays".  So ALSA can have a spam system but I should not?

5. How can I put this one ALSA email sender on a whitelist when I do not
know the email address it is sending from !!
And why would I even think of doing that when the ALSA home page talks about
"silently-ignoring" any email server
on one of its lists.  Your login page could say that "If you do not get a
response then check your spam filters for email from <web address>".
I expect you will fight this suggestion too, WHY !

6. What in the heck is in that confirmation message that makes it look like
SPAM in the first place, that is not in the confirmation
messages from the mailing list subscription.

7.  From your problems sending email, it is more likely that your email
server is listed on a blacklist of spammers.
With so many systems being taken over, and with email spoofing, how can you
be sure.

8. How can I answer any of the spam filter questions from this side of the
spam filter.  At minimum I need a copy of the message that
was supposed to be sent me, that did not get through (At least the header).

Wesley D. Johnson,  Linux user since 1994

.

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---