BugTracker, Rene

By the way, our emails are getting out of sync.  I already sent an email
about putting a notice on the BugTracker page.
I must use an email account on a different machine, not my own.
My machine is used for research business and is off-internet.

>> Bugtracker will not let me login, nor email an account confirmation.

<< Rene wrote: >>

Ah, This mail to you just now triggered:

===
<email name removed to prevent spam bots from getting it>
     SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
     host mx1.usfamily.net [64.131.63.3]: 550
http://mail.usfamily.net/cgi-bin/deliver?[rh: edited out number]
Click link to validate your email address and deliver your email
===

Even I as a human am not going to click that more than this once, just
in case you really need me to to inform you of this, and definitely
software such as a bugtracker or a mailing list manager isn't going to
do so.

<< end of Rene wrote: >>

Email delivery sometimes has intermittant problems.  Apart from that, I am
not sure what degree of attention that information requires.
I do not see what I could do differently.  Was the BugTracker system trying
to confirm to me an account?

I tried to get an account at least 3 times over 4 days, typing in all the
information again just because
I suspected a typing error.  I got the same response each time, which was a
message that confirmation would be mailed,
but I never got an email from BugTracker.   I gave BugTracker my email
address at least 3 different times.  If I got it
wrong every time, even when I typed really carefully in my last attempt,
then I must suspect BugTracker of the problem.

Are you suggesting that the BugTracker was trying to confirm my account and
could
not get through to me ???
What would be of interest is whether BugTracker did reject my attempts, or
if it was even trying to contact me.

I have not seen any statement that general users can log into BugTracker,
nor any statement that they cannot, that
is the frustration.  That is the question that somebody managing the
BugTracker system could answer.

I was getting emails from other sources those 4 days, so my email system was
not down.
The email from this alsa-users mailing list is getting through.  I got the
confirmation message
confirming my ALSA home-page account, and one confirming my subscription to
the email list, so
your servers can email my email servers.

I did not see any typo in my email address, and your email did get here,
using the same address.

Thank you for letting me know of this.
I have not had any other reports of email delivery problems, so I need to
wait to see if there are any other email problems.
Unfortunately it is probably transient and probably would be old-news by the
time I notified my ISP.

==
Please do not put my email address in postings in the clear where spam bots
can harvest it.
I do not know if spam bots can interface to these mailing lists, but  I
would rather not take chances.
If there is a way to delete that previous message with my email address from
the archives, I would prefer you did.

==
Lastly, should I re-post any of these email of mine on alsa-devl mailing
list ??
It seems that I am in contact with someone already, and I have been
finishing that conversation here.
In the future I can try that, assuming I can remember that when that time
comes, and that I can post to it.
It still seems a little strange that you would let outsiders post on a
mailing list for the developers.

Thank You
Wesley D. Johnson,  Linux user since 1994.

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---