Dell Studio 15 and snd-hda-intel without sound from the speakers..

hi,

this HDA nightmare is very confusing.

i got a recente Dell Studio 15 (http://www.dell.com/studio) with the usual HDA audio card and a STA/IDT 92HD73XXX codec.

of course, there's sound on windows but plain mute on linux.

i made my homework and you find all the stuff about the notebook and the audio card problem here:

http://www.avalpa.com/assets/andrea/studio15/debian_on_dell_studio15.html

i made also the SVG with codecgraph and send it to the relevant people, but didn't hear back. maybe they are on holydays!

me, i don't know how to find a solution. is there a tutorial on how to develop the codec quirks that are present in every single laptop?

let me know if i can do something more. otherwise i'll try to understand the graph. it's not that easy..

bye

andrea

bye

andrea venturi

begin:vcard
fn:Andrea Venturi
n:;Andrea Venturi
org:Avalpa Digital Engineering SRL
adr;dom:;;Via dell'Arcoveggio 49/5;Bologna;BO;40129
email;internet:a.venturi@xxxxxxxxxx
title:CEO
tel;work:+39 0514187531
tel;cell:+39 3477142994