snd-intel8x0 and 5.1 surround

hi everybody ! i have a problem with my shuttle xpc and the intel8x0
driver. i already filed a bug report but there's no result yet.

the device is an intel-chip on my shuttle xpc SB83G5M mainboard. i
should have 5.1. surround (i have stereo out, surround out, and
center/LFE out. i also have line-in, phone, and mic, so 6 jacks
totally).

here the line of lspci:
00:1e.2 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation
82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)

The problem is the following: my center speaker of my 5.1 speaker-system
is muted. tuning the center/LFE channel in alsamixer has no effect. the
other channels (surround and front) work as expected.

First i tried the in-kernel driver (kernel 2.6.25) but with this
driver-version i didn't have a surround-channel at all, only a switch
called surround to turn on or off, with no recognizable effect. the
center and LFE channels were there but also unsusable, as written above.
then i went to the 1.0.17 package of alsa-driver and tried this version.
there i have my surround-channel and i can tune it and it works as it
should. but as said center and LFE channels don't seem to work, anyway.

thanks in advance

tport