two sound cards, but no sound

Hi,

I'm setting up OpenSuse on a new machine with an Asus M3N-HT
motherboard. I have a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi and an on board Nvidia
sound card.
OpenSuse is now succesfully installed, however I can't get sound working.

I have followed the instructions on the OpenSuse forum
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:AudioTroubleshooting.

I'm running alsa versions :
$> rpm -q alsa alsa-utils alsa-firmware
alsa-1.0.17.git20080717-1.1
alsa-utils-1.0.17.git20080715-1.3
alsa-firmware-1.0.16.92.git20080617-3.1

alsaconf apparently succesfully runs, but the test sound doesn't play.
According to the test procedure, I get following output :

rufus:/home/bart # cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.17.
Compiled on Jul 18 2008 for kernel 2.6.25.9-0.2-default (SMP).
rufus:/home/bart # cat /proc/asound/modules
 0 snd_hda_intel
 1 snd_ca0106
rufus:/home/bart # cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [NVidia         ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
                      HDA NVidia at 0xfe020000 irq 21
 1 [CA0106         ]: CA0106 - CA0106
                      X-Fi Extreme Audio [SB0790] at 0xcc00 irq 17
The codec for the onboard NVidia card is

Codec: Analog Devices AD1988B
Address: 0
Vendor Id: 0x11d4198b
Subsystem Id: 0x1043829b
Revision Id: 0x100400
No Modem Function Group found

I have run both test scripts alsa-info.sh (from
http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa/raw-file/tip/alsa-info.sh) and tsalsa
(from http://home.cfl.rr.com/infofiles/tsalsa). The outputs of these
scripts can be found on the urls :

http://pastebin.ca/1075521
http://nopaste.com/p/amCet47pW

According to the supported hardware pages from alsa-project.org, I get
the impression that the Creative soundcard is not supported yet. If
that's the case, I can wait. But I'd like to have at least the on board
card producing sound.

Is there any other information needed for this setup ? Please let me know.

Thanks a lot,

Bart