Re: Input to Alsa from JACK?

I tried something similar. From my 8 in/out soundcard I created two alsa devices by configuring .asoundrc because I needed to provide two dedicated stereo in/out devices to an alsa-only app. Though aplay and arecord worked fine on both devices, running the app didn't work. Couldn't figure out why... There was just no audio in and out to and from the app.

So generally what you want to do should be possible, but you have to try if it works with your hard and software I suppose.

Martin