Re: no sound with SondBlast PCI (ens1371)

At Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:59:22 +0800,
Media Fan wrote:

> Today, after I powered on the system, I found sound doesn't work again. All
> volume controls are unmuted but still no sound. Don't know what's wrong in the
> system... weird.

Could you check /proc/asound/card0/codec#0/ac97#0-0+regs at each time,
and check whether the values are same at each boot?
If it's consistent, could you repost the latest alsa-info.sh output?

I now checked your post from the beginning, and the ac97 proc content
in your first post looks really weird.  It's either the problem of
ac97-accessor in snd-ens1371 driver or the probe (likely volume
resolution and/or mute-bit detection) in ac97.

thanks,

Takashi