Re: OSS lost

> From: steshenko_sergei@xxxxxxx
> To: b3zdomny@xxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; rene.herman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re[4]:  OSS lost
> Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 18:06:54 +0400

Ummmm...good question.  I'm not sure what is was I did, but following the instructions in one of Rene's earlier messages, I went to "/usr/src/linux-2.6.25.9", and ran "make menuconfig".  In the resulting dialogue, I made sure of  " Open Sound System (DEPRECATED)" and "   Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI 97 (ES1371)".  Then I ran "make", followed by "make modules_install", "modprobe -r snd-ens1371", and "modprobe es1371".  And then I had OSS and sound back.  Now I'd like to persuade OSS to support Skype, if possible, so I can voice chat with my friends, while Rene helps me configure ALSA.  By the way, most of my Skype buddies are in Russia, plus one who just emigrated from Russia (Ufa gorod) to Dallas on a student visa

best regards

Landis