Re: is this card supported by ALSA?

Rene Herman <rene.herman <at> keyaccess.nl> writes:

> Off for now so I'll hear it some of this worked later, but "oh", where
> did that ">" come from? Just:
>
> aplay -D front foo.wav
>
> (but sure, not likely to help anything. the OSS info, both through ALSA
> and if needed the old "real OSS" driver is more interesting)
>
> >> Thank you for your help and persistence.
> >
> > Crap...
> >
> > modprobe snd-pcm-oss
> > modprobe snd-mixer-oss
> >
> > Try after this first please before the whole shebang I just sent.
>
> Rene.

Understood, Rene.  Removed the > from the command. Now,

~$ aplay -D front /usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav=
Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian,
Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo

but with silence.

modprobe snd-pcm-oss and modprobe snd-mixer-oss= no errors.

So again tried  aplay -D front /usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav.  Result again=

Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian,
Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo

with silence.

Thanks for continuing to work with me on this.