From: stan <ghjeold_i_mwee@xxxxxxx>
To: Mout Aul <mout551@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, July 8, 2008 7:26:01 PM
Subject: Re: arm9 - No TLV support code in alsa-lib

Mout Aul wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i want to install alsa on my arm9 processor.
> I compiled the kernel with alsa.
> My usb-sound card is present in /proc/asound/cards.
>
> Then, i want to install alsa-lib and alsa-utils.
> For alsa-lib, i write :
>
> # ./configure CFLAGS='-O0 -pipe -mabi=aapcs-linux' CXXFLAGS='-O0 -pipe
> -mabi=aapcs-linux'
what happens if you run ./configure --help  | grep -i tlv?  Is there a
way to enable tlv support?  When you
run the original configure, what does it say about tlv?  The error with
the utils is that there is no tlv support
in alsa-lib, so it is not being compiled in.
> # make
> # make install
>
> without mistakes.
>
> Then i try to install alsa-utils
>
> # ./configure CFLAGS='-O0 -pipe -mabi=aapcs-linux' CXXFLAGS='-O0 -pipe
> -mabi=aapcs-linux'
>
> but i have the following error :
>
> checking for ALSA CFLAGS...
> checking for ALSA LDFLAGS...  -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread
> checking for libasound headers version >= 1.0.15... found.
> checking for snd_ctl_open in -lasound... yes
> checking for snd_tlv_get_dB_range... no
> configure: error: No TLV support code in alsa-lib
>

> Does someone know how to solve it ?
In addition to trying to put tlv into alsa-lib, you can try disabling it
for the utils.
./configure --help and see if there is an option to disable tlv.