Re: hda-intel: How to get "Mix" device? Cannot record playback.

Le Mon 07/07/2008 à 06:51 Oleg Parashchenko à écrit:
> Sound is being played through ALSA, right? ALSA is software, then I
> expect that ALSA can create a virtual channel and redirect output to
> this channel. Is it possible? I have yes-feeling, but despite of
> reading documentation, I don't know even where to start.

That's why I think itis a bug.
If someone comes here and have an idea how to solve that ...

Perhaps I should open a bug report ...

> Hard to say. Recording from a microphone somehow works for me, but
> only when I connect the microphone at the back side of the computer,
> and not when at the front panel.

You should have an option to change the microphone source. I think for
you, you have the choice between integrated microphone, microphone
input port or line input port. In gnome-volume-control, it is in the
options tab.
alsamixer doesn't show these options for me unless I press F5. Try this
and change the input source.

The main difference between the microphone port and the line port is
that the microphone port is amplified. So if you want to plug a
microphone in your line port, you need an amplifier in between (I tell
you that because I only have a line port, so external microphones
doesn't work unless I have an amplifier)

Hope this can help

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'lya
E-Mail:	mildred593(at)online.fr

Site:	<http://mildred632.free.fr/>
XMPP:	<mildred@xxxxxxxxx> (GoogleTalk, Jabber)

GPG:	197C A7E6 645B 4299 6D37 684B 6F9D A8D6 [9A7D 2E2B]