which are the ieces of ALSA source code responsible for setting sample rate ?

Hello All,

as already known, I am one of those who advocate the possibility to mandate sample rate and not let applications to change it.

I think a possible, though ugly, solution is like this:

1) to locate pieces of ALSA code responsible for setting sample rate;
2) to change (in my own copy) the pieces so they would know only one sample rate;
3) to compile and install the modified code.

I also think that I would like to have an ALSA snapshot per sample rate and will uninstall/install the snapshot I need
- most likely the two most used will be for 44100Hz and 48000Hz sample rates.

So, which are the pieces ?

Thanks,
  Sergei.