Re: Output sample rate

> dmix *is* an application, conceptually it is not different to esd, artsd
> or pulseaudio opening the ALSA hardware directly. It just happens to be
> an ALSA plugin and is a part of the signal chain that ALSA-lib sets up
> by default.
>
> You can either:
>
>  a) configure dmix using a custom .asoundrc to use the rate you want and
> restart ALSA.
>
> b) configure an application that will open the sound card with the rate
> you want, and set it to open the sound device directly e.g. hw:0,0 in
> ALSA terms.
>
> The sample rate that is used is determined, plain and simple, by
> whichever application has exclusive control over the sound card.

I'm trying to get music from mpd to my USB DAC in 100% untouched form.
 My mpd.conf is as follows:

audio_output {
type "alsa"
name "USB Monica"
device "hw:0,0"
format "44100:16:2"
}

I know this isn't the mpd list, but does that look like it should
accomplish this?  Is there any way to verify that this is happening?

- Grant