Re: Output latency

Alex,

> The idea is the following :
>
> 1.) Of course there has to be an input double buffer which generates
> the desired block of samples.

You want hardware monitoring - there are sound cards that support
hardware mixing. With good converters you have latencies down to 5
samples at 192kHz, that would be 0.026ms for each way, 0.052ms over
all.

> 2.) Once this is generated it takes 2,6  ms to generate the next one.

That latency depends on the sampling frequency and is one of the reasons
professional sound cards use 96kHz or even 192kHz sampling rates.

> Or would this approach lead to timing and synchronisation problems ?
> I can see that either a parsing slightly too fast or too slow would
> result in wrong data but anyway - just an idea. What do you think ?

What do you want to do? Realtime monitoring/mixing?

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key 6C002249          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net