Re: kppp & ALSA incompatible for me: can have one or the other but not both together and working

stan wrote:

Message: 6
 Date: Sun, 18 May 08
 From: stan <ghjeold_i_mwee@xxxxxxx>
 Subject: Re:  kppp & ALSA incompatible for me: can have one
        or the  other but not both together and working
 To: Stan S <sps1234@xxxxxxxxx>
 Cc: alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Stan S wrote:

 [snip]
 > Any ideas or thoughts about this and how to fix it?
 >

 > Thanks

 I probably can't help you, but it would help if you ran the script at
 http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa/raw-file/tip/alsa-info.sh
 and pasted the link back here.  That will give information about your
 setup and someone else might be able to help.

 It sounds like alsa might be interpreting your modem as a sound device
 and putting the real sound device in second position.  But that is just
 speculation.

Thanks for the help.

I ran that script -- alsa-info.sh -- but only saw the output in small
percentage increments, e. g. 3%, 8%, 13%, etc., etc., up to 100%. I
don't know how to save the entire output to submit to the group here.
Since the computer having this problem has a broken kppp (broken due
to ALSA I assume), I can't submit the full output automatically to
some website for your review. If I could see the entire output, I
could save it to my USB flash drive, transfer it to my other computer
(the one I'm using at the moment to submit this) and present the
output here. For one who is no expert in Linux commands and skills,
how is this done? How do I get the full output and then that copied to
kwrite or kate?

Also, when I run that script, should my external modem be turned on?
Maybe that's important-- I don't know.

Thanks