Re: [alsa-devel] Pc Speaker

I think you guys need to take a step back and relook at this.  The pc speaker driver as I understand it is a separate piece of legacy hardware.  Most systems these days generate a signal that goes through the Intel HD audio codec.  Please run alsa-info.sh from the alsa-project.org web site and post the link.  It will have information on which node the pc speaker is connected to (usually labeled "Beep Generator Widget").  What needs to happen is a control needs to be created to control the volume/mute of this node, either on the node directly or on the mixer.

Tobin

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 22:39 +0430, Armin ranjbar wrote:
On Tue, 13 May 2008 17:26:01 +0200
Rene Herman <rene.herman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What kernel version? If current GIT, it's under the generic devices
> indeed. However, also see follow-ups. I jumped to the conclusion that
> you were experiencing config trouble due to things having just changed
> with respect to that but Takashi's reply says/suggests that this is
> something specific to your machine that needs a specific fix first.
>
> So, if this is indeed not a newly non-functional thing and you're not on
> 2.6.26-rc<X> my answers aren't in fact applicable/important. Sorry...
>
> Rene.

Dear all,Rene,

its might be my fault that i cant see the answer yet .
its 2.6.25 , getting RC patchs to 26 now , So my plan is :

disable snd_pcsp
enable kernel pc speaker under input device ( or under general -> small
system ... -> )

and you expect alsa to bypass pc speaker to main kernel and its really the
main kernel that beeps not the alsa , its much line a tunnel in alsa , am
i right ?

ps : this is paranoid non-alsa developer vision of how pc spkr works, do
not get angry but of course , you can laugh! :))

-- Tobin Davis

panic: kernel trap (ignored)