Re: how do I change sample rate ?

On 27-04-08 12:55, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 02:21:23 +0200 Rene Herman <rene.herman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

>> (the card = the M-Audio Revolution. No control is the expected
>> situation)
>
> ???
>
> For me it's the opposite - if a card is capable of having different
> sample rates, the expected situation is to be able to change the rate
> from mixer.

Makes no sense. Setting the sampling rate has no meaning outside of the
action of playing or recording. It's you who decides the sampling rate, but
by the rate of whatever you throw at the card for playback, or by whatever
rate you specify for a recording. The card adepts to the data (for playback
that is), not the other way around.

Note that mixing is not (historically) an expected feauture either and at
least when not supported directly in hardware, an unwanted feature these
days by most people that care.

Rene.