[alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx: Alsa question]

Hi

On my machine (deban amd64)  I run squeezeslave (part of squeezebox/squeezecenter ),
it is basically a deamon that is control from one location. I have to
run it under aoss to get alsa access.

when it is running I can run other applications that want to use the
sound card.

My problem is when I setup /etc/asound.conf to this

pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave.pcm "dmixer"
}

pcm.dmixer  {
        type dmix
        ipc_key 1234
        slave {
              format S32_LE
                pcm "hw:0,1"
                format S32_LE
                period_time 0
                period_size 1024
                buffer_size 32768
        }
}

ctl.dmixer {
        type hw
        card 0
        device 1
}

to make use of my digital connection, but when i do this, I can't multi
use the sound card.

so

user video starts aoss squeezeslave, then user alex can play anything
with the above config

when I remove that config (comment it out), all works fine

anyone got any suggestions on how to make it work ?

Thanks
Alex

--
He [Carrot] could lead armies, Angua thought. He really could. Some people have inspired whole countries to great deeds because of the power of their vision. And so could he. Not because he dreams about marching hordes, or world domination, or an empire of a thousand years. Just because he thinks that everyone's really decent underneath and would get along just fine if only they made an effort, and he believes that strongly it burns like a flame that is bigger than he is.
(Men at Arms)