Re: snd_config_search_alias_hooks

Jerry Geis wrote:
> When compiling Mplayer rc1 I am getting a link error about undefined
> reference to
> snd_config_search_alias_hooks()
>
> I am using 1.0.16 alsa. amd x2 64
>
> If I edit alsa-libs/src/conf.c and search for
> snd_config_search_alias_hooks()
> and just put "jerry" in the source file. To make clean and make I get
> an error compiling the file as I should.
> I then remove jerry that  I added and do make clean and make and I get
> no errors - of course I do make install...
>
> Then I try and edit src/.libs/conf.o and search for
> snd_config_search_alias_hooks and nothing is found.
> Why is it not being included?
>
> my ./configure has 1 parameter of --disable-python.
>
> Thanks,
>
> jerry

This is VERY strange... The source has snd_config_search_alias_hooks()
in alsa-lib/src/conf.c

The .libs/conf.o does NOT have snd_config_search_alias_hooks() it has
snd1_config_search_alias_hooks() and then also the libasound.so .

How did the "1" get added in and how can I remove it so MPlayer will link.

Jerry