Re: Working config. Suddenly: ERROR: Failed to load necessary drivers

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Hendrik Friedel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My config had been working for 2 years, but it stopped yesterday.
> When I try to start alsa (gentoo) I see these messages:
> [ ok ]
> [ ok ]
> [ ok ]
> *   ERROR: Failed to load necessary drivers
> [ ok ]
> * Restoring Mixer Levels ...
>
> Running Alsaconf works. No errors, the card is configured properly. But
> still the drivers fail to load.

Since everything works, what exactly is the problem. You could run the
output through  grep to eliminate the error messages if that is what
bothers you:-)

Anyway first you need to figure out what "necessary drivers" failed to load
if any. Look through the script to see where this error message is coming
from.

> In dmesg, I see no related error messages.
>
> How can I debug this?

First you have to figure out what it is you want to debug.