Re: problem updating to alsa 1.0.16

Thank you for your reply,

it was really helpful.

I reconfigured the alsa-driver package like this

./configure --with-cards=hda-intel,usb-caiaq --with-sequencer=yes --with-moddir=/lib/modules/2.6.22-14-rt/updates/alsa

At first it did't work, but, after removing the package linux-backports-modules-2.6.22-rt, it worked.
Unfortunately that package installs alsa diver 1.0.15rc3 into the folder

/lib/modules/2.6.22-14-rt/updates/sound

and for some reason (do you know why?) that folder has a higher priority. I wonder if there's a way to have both the packages installed without conflicts or to make the kernel load the module I compiled.

That also explains why the same procedure worked on my desktop: in the other machine I had not installed the package linux-backports-modules-2.6.22-rt.

Regards,
Marco