Re: Is ALSA the right tool for my app?

Allan wrote:

> Following from Sean, the appropriate system to use would be netjack.
> http://netjack.sourceforge.net/

I will look into it. Thanks for the pointer.

I don't think I can use it as is, because I have written all sorts of
code to handle retransmission, forward error correction, and such, but
I'll give the code a look, to see how it's done.

> One thing that would be important to consider is latency, I don't believe it is
> possible to have a low latency running off a network. So it depends on what you
> are doing. If it is a simple control room and recording room setup this should
> be okay, however if you want to isolate musicians to say different rooms in your
> house and then do a "live" take you may have some issues resulting from the
> latency.

I can tolerate 100-200 ms delay as I'm just transporting a radio
broadcast, AFAIU.

Regards.